Overnight Oats or Bircher Muesli
I first tasted Bircher Muesli at breakfast at the ITC Grand Chola in Chennai in December 2012. I loved it so much that I began googling the recipes for the same. After trying out a few, I came up with my own and here it is.
Caution: This recipe has converted too many people from ‘Ewww, I HATE Oats!’ to ‘Wow! I am going to eat more of Oats now! Could I have the recipe of it?’
You could also use this recipe and serve it as Breakfast in a Jar.
raspberries, blueberries, cherries.)
- 1 cup Oats (I used Quaker)
- 125 ml Apple Juice (the small, individual serving tetra pack)
- 250 ml Milk
- A handful of Sultana’s /Raisins/ Currants
- 2 Tsp Honey, or as per taste
- 1 Apple, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsps plain Yogurt (Dahi)
- Your fresh fruit of choice (I used fresh strawberries. You could use pineapple,
- raspberries, blueberries, cherries.)
- In a bowl, add the Oats, Apple juice, Milk, Honey and Sultana’s.
- Mix well together and refrigerate overnight, covering bowl with a fitting lid/cling film.
- Next morning, add in the grated Apple, Yogurt and fruit of your choice.
- Mix well together.
- Enjoy chilled!
- This recipe Serves 2
- P:S: This Overnight Oats or Bircher Muesli can be kept refrigerated for 3 days, without adding the fruits. Add the fruits to the serving you would be eating.