My all-time Favorite Film, and why : #TadkaTuesday
Pic Courtesy: Google
A few years ago on a boring Sunday afternoon as I was idly changing television channels, the title of a film ‘The Green Mile’ caught my eye, and since it was going to be telecast in the next 10 minutes I decided to watch it.
The Green Mile is a story set in prison. When a fierce and forbidding looking prisoner, John Coffey, is sentenced to Death Row and brought in the guards are surprised to find him to be sensitive, gentle, afraid of the dark, pleading his innocence and blessed with special powers.
Over time, the Warden and the Prisoner develop a strange kind of friendship based on trust, faith and miracles.
Watching The Green Mile was an experience. The film moved me, and has found a permanent place in my heart ever since I watched it. As I later googled to find out more, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was an adaptation of 6 of Stephen Kings books, compiled into 1.
I am a huge Stephen King fan. I consider him my writing Guru as I am in awe of his imagination, the way he translates thoughts to words and how beautifully he crafts his sentences. My love for reading, and writing, Horror is all thanks to King.
The Green Mile is one of my all-time favourite films because;
- It is the adaptation of a book written by my writing Guru, Stephen King
- I believe in Magic and Miracles, and those are the basic premises of the film
- I believe looks are deceptive and one of the central characters, John Coffey, proves just that, the Gentle Giant who does right even when he is wronged and uses his powers to heal.
- It had Tom Hanks, who wow’s, yet again!
- The film is sensitively written, and directed with power packed performances by the entire cast.
- There is so much to be learnt in this wise story/film and some of the dialogues stay with you.
- The beautiful tagline that says, ‘Paul Edgecomb didn’t believe in miracles. Until the day he met one.’
Pic Courtesy: Google
If you’ve watched The Green Mile, what did you think of it? If you haven’t watched it yet, here is the trailer .