Why Bloggers should make Alexa their Friend #MyFriendAlexa
My Friend Alexa is a campaign for Bloggers run by Blogchatter – an online community for Bloggers. The Third Season of My Friend Alexa starts on the 1st of September, as it does each year, and lasts through the month.
What is Alexa?
Alexa is a ranking system for websites. It is an analytics tool that provides traffic metrics for your website in the search engines. Your rank is determined by the total number of visitors to a site and the number of pages viewed by each visitor.
How does Alexa work?
Alexa is a combined measure of page views and user reach. It computes the reach and number of page views for all sites on the Web on a daily basis.
What are the benefits of an Alexa rank?
Alexa is the best tool to determine the visibility of your website. A good Alexa rank increases the value of your website and generates more interest. A higher ranks tells others that your website has potential. A higher rank also means that your website is more active and has more online traffic when compared to other sites.
What are the benefits of signing up for My Friend Alexa?
- Boosts your Blog, as with new readers being introduced to your blog you have more visitors and more people reading it.
- Sets a discipline, because it gets you not only writing fresh content but also sets a habit of reading other blogs. If you have been in a writing slump this is the best way to get back to regular blogging.
- Of course, all this writing and more importantly reading betters your blog rank, and how!
- With Alexa as your friend you get more popular, and make new blogger friends.
- As you read varied blogs you learn a lot and your horizons widen. Not to mention, so many different perspectives giving you a multitude of ideas to write future posts.
So, do you want to be friends with Alexa?
What will you need to do after you register?
Download and install the Alexa Toolbar on your laptop by following the instructions shared by Blogchatter
Write and publish 2 posts a week, so 8 posts in all through the month.
Read through the lists of Blogs Blogchatter mails you every morning. There are about 6-7 blogs you would be reading every day. You need to read at least 1 blogpost from each blog. Don’t let that stop you from reading more though!
Watch your rank dropping down (hooray!)
Be prepared for a LOT of reading. And I mean a LOT.
Get your WiFi connection sorted so that you can.
See that the share buttons on your blog are installed and embedded.
You will need to read on the laptop that has the toolbar installed. Reading on your mobile won’t work.
Don’t be a rushed guest, stay for a bit on the websites you visit. It helps with the ranking.
Reading Blogs that have an Alexa rank higher than yours help with bettering your rank.
The lower your rank the higher it is. For example, a rank like 256,034 is way better better than a rank like 1,784,239.A good friend is someone who boosts you up, #MyFriendAlexa is that friend to your blog Click To Tweet