S is for… Sattu ke Laddu #AtoZChallenge

Sattu Ke Laddu

How many of you have heard of and tasted Sattu?

Well, for those who haven’t, Sattu is nothing but roasted Bengal Gram Flour which is also known as Dalia.

It is packed with protein, it is an instant coolant, a great source of insoluble fiber and with a low glycemic index it is perfect for Diabetics.

Enough of the Nutrition lessons though! See these Sattu ke Laddus? I made them in exactly 15 minutes, no kidding! You could too, if you follow my recipe here.

Apart from making super delicious laddus, Sattu stuffed Parathas taste simply awesome as well. And with summers beating down upon us mercilessly, discard your fizzy, sugary aerated drinks and cool down instantly with a simple and quick Sattu drink made by mixing it with Jaggery and water and a dash of lime. Use Sattu to give body to your chutneys and gravies without the guilt of unwanted calories, a great substitute for Coconut in both.

And mind you, these are just a few uses of Sattu! Google to find more!

When I discover something good I have this pressing need to Share it. Immediately, and with as many people as I can!

And I do.

The funny thing is some people get Suspicious, namely about why I am sharing something and then the question, that makes people fall in my eyes faster than the Sensex does after Trump makes an announcement, is asked, ‘What are YOU getting out of it?’

Ewwwww, what an off put-er! The thought process behind the question disgusts me!

Or does being selfish make one suspicious or is it vice versa?

And if helping out people by sharing something is going to be looked upon dubiously and then questioned I feel really sad for this world, and a little bit for myself as well.

April 22, 2017 at 8:29 am

Sattu is quite a staple diet at Alok’s home. Biharis you see. Litti is also made of Sattu’s. Alok is a great fan of sattu parathas. Good reminder, got to make them soon.

I would love having sattu blended with a little milk and sugar as my breakfast and go to meal while at college. So yummy

Wonderful unique post as always May.

Blog: natashamusing
    Theme: Travel Epiphanies
    Restrospecting-by-Resplendent-Kali

April 22, 2017 at 9:48 am

Sattu ke laddu are same as besan ke laddu, considering they both are made from besan?
    People now-a-days are both selfish and suspicious, methinks!

Paresh Godhwani

April 22, 2017 at 11:20 am

I love bundi ke laddu but after reading your recipe and benefits of Sattu, I am definitely going to find them in the market.

April 22, 2017 at 4:31 pm

All I could see were laddus so yummy!!! I just went over the recipe and the preparation looks easy too. If only I get a mixer right now

April 22, 2017 at 5:41 pm

I always made faces at my mom, whenever she offered me sattu and mishti doi – we are supposed to have that once a yr on sankranti. I am sure the laddoos will be great they look so inviting.

April 22, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Sattu ka laddu is delicious.A UPwala friend had given me a taste of it.Don’t be sad Mayuri about selfishness.Its there from time immemorial.What survives is what you do.If you balance it out by your actions may be the world still has a chance

April 22, 2017 at 8:54 pm

Ok. No idea bout the former and sadly, too much of an idea about the latter S word 🙁
    How I wish it were vice-versa!

April 22, 2017 at 9:23 pm

These ladoos look yummy and I never had them but I know the benefits.
    Selfish people are everywhere but we have to give a fair chance to everyone and I normally give 3 chances and after that, I am done. It’s not bad to help others but it depends on who we are helping 🙂

Reema D'souza

April 22, 2017 at 10:00 pm

Wow the laddus look yummy. And yeah I don’t know if selfishness leads to one to be suspicious or vice versa. But both are bad!

April 23, 2017 at 4:12 pm

I don’t think I have ever had these. Sigh! I haven’t tasted so many beautiful Indian dishes.
    Keep sharing bindas, let others be suspicious … smile and keep them wondering.

April 23, 2017 at 8:16 pm

I love sattu ke parathe, but didn’t know there were sattu laddus as well. Are they same as besan ke laddu?

April 24, 2017 at 7:47 am

Sreesha, Besan Laddu and Sattu Laddu are as different as you and me :))))

April 23, 2017 at 10:12 pm

Yum Yum! We had a Bihari neighbour in Nagpur who used to send us this delicacy! Reminded me of those days!!

Ishieta @ Isheeria's

April 24, 2017 at 1:58 pm

I have kinda heard of sattu, never had it! i will now be on the lookout to try it! S is also for Sad! it is sad that your Sharing is met with Suspicion! 🙁