Eggless Plum Cake (Christmas Cake)
80 gms Maida / All Purpose Flour
40 gms Amul Butter/ any salted butter
150 gms Condensed Milk
3/4th Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 th Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Lemon Zest
30 Gms Cashews
A generous pinch of freshly grated Nutmeg
2 Tsp Black Food Color
80 gms Tutti-Frutti
30 gms Candied Peels
30 gms Raisins
30 gms Black Raisins
Soak the above in Rum and refrigerate for at least 3-4 days ( I refrigerated mine for 10 days)
1) Cream butter and condensed milk togethet till creamy and light.
2) Sieve together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
3) Add to the butter-condensed milk mix and beat well
4) To this add the soaked fruits, along with the other ingredients and mix well.
5) Add water if the consistency is too thick
6) Pour this batter into a greased and lined 7 ” tin and bake at 180 deg C till done (around 45 mins, or as per your cake/oven)
7) When done, cool for 5-7 minutes and gently un-mould from the tin.